Friday, January 22, 2010

What we have been up to!!

So I can't tell you how badly I hate blogging- Matt is the blogger is on our family if you can't tell!Reading all your blogs i live for- but when it comes to writing about my life- I'd rather not! But I thought I'd better so I can remember this awesome time of our life!
Matt and I just started school~ He is doing Computer stuff!! I am in my last semester of Elementary Education- which means I am Student Teaching! I just finished my 2nd week at Highland Elementary! I am in Kindergarten and I love it! My two sessions(AM/PM) are so much fun and sure do keep my entertained! I am learning so much, but most of all i am just learning how much time it takes! Planning, Preparing, cutting, copying, tying shoes, comforting crying children when they cry because someone just butt them in line- Ya know just the everyday stuff?!!?
So when we aren't at school we get to play with our little Maia- who is such a big girl now! Almost 8 months and she...
-went sledding for the first time last week
-just broke 2 teeth yesterday!
-has the nick name "roly Poly" because she rolls across the room in record time
-Loves sweet potatoes, Graham Crackers, and carrots
-Hates formula(just started it and it's not been an easy transition so far)
- and Smiles way more than she cries!!!
So to say the least, she is a great, happy, perfect little angel!! We are just so thankful she is putting up with us dropping her off on our mom's 5-6 days a week!

Sledding With my sister Caroline and her baby Scott

Matt on his first day of school
(don't take this down babe)


Maia getting ready for her first sledding adventure
Her Aunt Katie takes such good care of her when I am away at school everyday!

4 comments:

The Ellis Fam said...

You look so stinkin and cute and I look like a slob. So are the days of our lives.

Ann Mitchell said...

CONGRATS ON STUDENT TEACHING! YOU ARE VERY BRAVE TO BE IN KINDERGARTEN!!!

April McEvoy said...

love it! Thanks for the update. sounds like life is busy. glad to hear you are enjoying your teaching. I am sure the kids adore you! we miss you guys like crazy. when are you coming to visit??? :)

Alyson Bailey said...

Hey Sarah-
I would absolutely be a reference for you! My phone broke and I lost all my numbers. Here is my new number: 801-879-5795. So happy for all the wonderful things in your life. And yes to the play date!