Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 seemed to fly by- I know we all say that each year.. But it DID! And I hate that because it means I'm getting older! (Blah- Oh well!)
I really believe in making resolutions and goals that help you become a better you! But I have decided to give a twist to the traditions of resolutions!
Instead of a long list of resolutions at the beginning of the year, I am going to create one resolution at the beginning on the month! So that way I can do things gradually and not feel bad when May comes around and my list is long forgotten!

So to start it off,
My goal for the month of January is to
Choose the Better Choice!

..... for example when Maia is down for nap, I read a good book, and not loaf in front on the TV!(Loaf is such an ugly word, but sitting in front of the TV watching nothing can be pretty ugly)
....for example when I wanna eat a carb loaded delight- I will choose a healthier snack that I can feel good about myself later!

I just want to take charge of my choices, and not let bad habits control me!
And of course, its OK to let yourself go once in a while, and do nothing and eat like crap- but like I said, it's a small change that will help me feel better about myself!

1 comment:

Matt and Sarah Joseph said...

I choose to double down on the amount of carbs and loafing! The new year means we are one year closer to the end, so eat, drink and be merry is my motto!!